ARTs East New York is rooted in the idea that inspiring a community through Arts & Culture sets a sustainable pattern of resident-led development. AENY is thus committed to presenting and promoting multicultural arts to address socioeconomic issues that hinder the growth and development of our community. With each program and project produced, AENY is building a cultural infrastructure where arts, business, and civic engagement synchronicity revitalize a community faced with disproportionate needs. Through community-rooted artistic programming that connects local vendors, educational entities, and active community members, AENY has a proven track record of bringing out the best in East New York.
We currently have no open positions at this time
We are currently looking to fill the following positions
For High School Students
We are looking for a high school student to help with event planning and assistance on our Summer Saturdaze & Nightz program. It is an 8-week concert series featuring artists of all kinds from East New York. The intern will be playing many roles in helping with the facilitation of the programming, general operations with each day, advertisement for the series, etc. It will be a lot of work and dedication, and we’re looking out for an attentive student to take this responsibility on. It will a good way to develop your communication, organizational, and financial planning skills.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Cooperate with our Marketing department to promote and publicize Summer Saturdaze programming
- Act as the liaison between Arts East New York and our vendors and partners for Summer Saturdaze
- Conduct pre and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Coordinates existing community and signature events as well as other events at various indoor and sites throughout the City
- Provides administrative support for events and marketing activities
- Weekend work will be required at times
- Work with and assist our Outreach Manager to create, assemble, and distribute all necessary outreach materials with the Executive Director, identify and establish relationships with local business partners willing to sponsor or donate funds and/or services to Summer Saturdaze and AENY programming in general
- Must be a junior or senior
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Expected to harness skills in building productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- The intern expected to work at most 24 hours per week
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume marked “Events and Outreach Assistance Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org
For College Students
Arts East New York is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented intern to work in our Public Arts department. The position will be part-time (2-3 days/week) and school credit is available. This will begin as a temporary opportunity with room to grow.
- Collaborating the creative team in developing campaigns, project execution, and content creation
- Assisting with public art initiatives & the artist incubator (presentations, agency site, agency case studies)
- Research campaigns, digital tools, and apps related to agency assignments
- Community Outreach
- Social Media Outreach
- Providing administrative support
- Skilled in current and emerging social channels and digital tools
- Strong verbal and written communication/ editing skills
- Good organization skills and the ability to handle various projects simultaneously
- Ability to work individually and take initiative
- Monitoring media coverage, producing, organizing, and archiving clippings
- Conduct general research as needed per project
- Attend and assist at events, including talks and openings
- Fluent in the use of Google Drive, Dropbox, and social media. Experience with WordPress and Adobe CS is a plus, though not required.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume marked “Public Arts Intern” to email@example.com
We’re looking for a college student who’s passionate about the arts and their origins. This will be a seasonal position (working 2-3 days/week with school credit available) where interns will be doing a mixture of research, communications, and administration where needed be. This includes being engaged with the artists whose work is featured in our gallery space and East NY at large, giving gallery tours, and also assisting with some administrative work at our desk.
- Giving tours to visitors interested in our gallery space, creating an engaging space for potential membership in AENY
- Working with our Public Arts Manager to do research on upcoming artists who will be in our exhibit and build profiles about their artistry, vision, and the like
- Provide administrative support which includes maintenance of art work and other equipment, overseeing sign-in sheets being recorded after each event, answering phone calls, and other tasks to be determined by our Office Manager
- Provide some help for our Outreach Manager with coordinating with high schools in the area for students to be engage in our programming in AENY
- Provide support in constructing flyers both physical and digitized to provide advertisement for upcoming exhibitions
- Ensuring security of gallery space for potential damage and/or theft and report these mishaps to our Office Manager
- Must be a college student, preferably junior or senior
- Must be a major (or have a related major) of any of the following: Arts Management, Art History, Fine Arts, Visual Arts and Design
- Must have strong communication and research skills
- Preferably be skilled in Canva, Adobe CS, and/or Photoshop and having a craft for designing posters
- Have an ability to handle a multitude of tasks when presented to them
- May need to work on some weekends depending on our programming for those days
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume marked “Docent & Liaison Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have no open positions at this time
Artists & Entrepreneurs
ARTs East New York is always looking to deepen and expand our relationships with artists in Brooklyn with opportunities for mural painting, performance, exhibitions, teaching engagements, workshops etc. Please join the ARTs East New York Artist Registry.